We just began four of the best weeks of the year for golf travel.
These are the only four weeks that you can conveniently combine four awesome activities, all in the same location (and less than an hour’s drive from one another):
1. Escaping or avoiding the cold of winter…
2. Playing top-notch golf…
3. Attending a spring training baseball game…
4. Attending a PGA Tour event
I like to call this the “Grand Slam of Golf Vacations.”
It’s hard to imagine a better way to spend a few winter days than playing golf in the morning, attending a PGA Tour event in the afternoon, and taking in a Major League Baseball game at night.
And this year, thanks to a quirk in the PGA Tour schedule, you can experience one of these “Grand Slam” golf vacations at an incredible, bargain price (more on this below).
First, here are the four weeks when the earth, moon and stars most conveniently align for the “Grand Slam:”
Date: Feb 20 – Feb 24
Location: Tucson, AZ
PGA Tour Event: WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship
MLB Teams Nearby: Angels, Cubs, A’s, Diamondbacks, Rockies
Date: Feb 28 – March 3
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
PGA Tour Event: Honda Classic
MLB Teams Nearby: Mets, Marlins, Cardinals
Date: March 14 – March 17
Location: Tampa, FL
PGA Tour Event: Tampa Bay Championship
MLB Teams Nearby: Yankees, Phillies, Blue Jays
Date: March 21 – March 30
Location: Orlando, FL
PGA Tour Event: Arnold Palmer/MasterCard Invitational
MLB Teams Nearby: Astros, Braves, Tigers
Now for the quirk that can save you big time:
Notice anything unusual about one of the golf tournaments above?
Check out The Tampa Bay Championship held at the Copperhead Course at the Innisbrook Resort.
It’s being played this year without a title sponsor, which means a large block of rooms at Innisbrook is available — at tremendous savings to you.
Check out this package they have assembled (available March 10-17, 2013):
-Accommodations: Doubles in Executive Suites or Quads in Two bedroom Suites
-One round of golf per night of stay plus bonus arrival round
-Unlimited use of the practice facilities
-Full American breakfast each day
-Daily golf clinics
-Golf gift pack
-Daily pass to Tampa Bay Championship
-$20 Retail Gift Card
-1 hour Clinic with PGA Tour Pro (on 3/13/13)
All this for only $339 per person, per night.
Putting aside the incredible price, there are many factors that make Innisbrook one of, if not the best, stops on “The Grand Slam”:
1. Innisbrook is located in a lovely, natural setting that is anything but “typical Florida,” and its four golf courses offer one thing in particular that most rival Florida courses can only dream about: interesting, hilly terrain. 2. You are within 45 minutes of the Spring Training homes of the New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies and Toronto Blue Jays. In fact, if you want to see ballplayers up close, many of the Phillies and Blue Jays stay on site at Innisbrook.
3. The Tampa Bay Championship sports a great field. Last year’s tournament was won by Luke Donald and he’s back this year, along with (so far) about 10 other players in the world top-30.
4. Convenience: you can actually stay (and play golf) at the same resort where the PGA Tournament is being held.
5. For those looking to play even more golf, the two courses that just opened to much fanfare at Streamsong are only about 90 minutes away.
6. You can bring the family. Tampa is one of the most family-family golf destinations around. Innisbrook itself offers a ton of family- and children-friendly activities and one of Tampa’s top attractions, Busch Gardens, is less than an hour away. Likewise, the Disney and Universal theme parks in Orlando are less than two-hours away.
7. Or, you can leave the family at home. Tampa is one of the most popular buddy trip destinations in the country with ample nightlife and off-course distractions.
To take advantage of this particular grand slam golf vacation at Innisbrook — the window is still a month away — call the resort directly at 877-679-7676.